It is not necessary that dates should always comprise expensive dinners and wine and long moonlit car drives. Sometimes it can be pretty simple with just a great cup of coffee and some romantic movies. Couples who want to do something unconventional for their date should definitely check out the following movies. These movies are a perfect blend of romance, innocence, comedy, drama and a little of bit of surprise which makes any day interesting and filled with fun.
Movies to Watch on a Date Night
Many couples can't think of a good date movie, they often feel confused and are under the impression that they will pick out the wrong one and spoil the whole evening. The best thing to do is, pick a movie which shows the strength of a couple and the positive effects of love on a human being.
- Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Frances Fisher, Gloria Stuart, Bill Paxton, Kathy Bates, Danny Nucci, Bernard Hill and Victor Garber
- Director: James Cameron
- Why Watch It: It is the ultimate romance saga and the chemistry between Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio is simply amazing.
- Cast: Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant
- Director: Roger Mitchell
- Why Watch It: It is one of the best romantic films ever made. A simple plot, fantastic actors and a happy ending!
- Cast: Will Smith, Eva Mendes, Kevin James and Amber Valletta
- Director: Andy Tennant
- Why Watch It: It is a great romantic comedy which has all the elements of a great movie and the film is also a big lesson to all the people who think that beautiful women only love hunks and good looking guys.
- Cast: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Billy Burke and Peter Facinelli
- Director: Catherine Hardwicke
- Why Watch It: It is the most famous love story between vampires and humans. There is innocence romance everywhere in the film and some say it is even better than the novel. I highly doubt it!
Sex and the City
- Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, Jennifer Hudson and Candice Bergen
- Director: Michael Patrick King
- Why Watch It: It is totally a woman centric film and there is nothing for guys in this film but if you really want to impress your date, watch it.
- Cast: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands, Sam Shepard, James Marsden and Joan Allen
- Director: Nick Cassavetes
- Why Watch It: This movie is a tear jerker from the start. The movie is very well made the romance between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams is presented very beautifully.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Cast: Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Vince Vaughn, Kerry Washington and Adam Brody
- Director: Doug Liman
- Why Watch It: I'll give you two reasons; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
50 First Dates
- Cast: Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Rob Schneider, Sean Astin, Lusia Strus, Blake Clark and Dan Aykroyd
- Director: Peter Segal
- Why Watch It: The plot of the movie is new and refreshing and the movie is a perfect balance of romance and comedy.
Shakespeare In Love
- Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow, Joseph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Ben Affleck, Geoffrey Rush, Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Rupert Everett and Imelda Staunton
- Director: John Madden
- Why Watch It: It is totally a British love story in which the love life of William Shakespeare has been explored very well. Everything about the movie is very detailed and well made.
You've Got Mail
- Cast: Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Parker Posey, Greg Kinnear, Dave Chappelle, Steve Zahn, Jean Stapleton and Dabney Coleman
- Director: Nora Ephron
- Why Watch It: It is one of my favorite films, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan look too good on the screen.
So these were some of the best choices of good movies to watch on a date. For a date to be successful it is not necessary that the couple has to go out and have some fun, quality time can be spent in the comfort of the house in each other's company and watching these good romantic films.