Like thriller, sci-fi, animation or horror, there are many who love to watch romantic movies. In this genre, one does not only mean that girl meets boy, fall in love, break up and then meet again and live happily ever after. No! it means how, irrespective of all the problems they face and all the years that they had to wait, some people find true love.
Given here are some movies released in 2018. On a cold night, when you don't feel like leaving home, you and your special one can cuddle close, sit back, and enjoy these movies.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
- Release Date: 17 August 2018
- Cast: Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, Janel Parrish, Anna Cathcart, Andrew Bachelor, Trezzo Mahoro, Madeleine Arthur, Emilija Baranac, Israel Broussard, and John Corbett.
- Director: Susan Johnson
It's an American teen romance film based on a novel written by Jenny Han in 2014. This movie is about Lara Jean Covey, a high school junior, who writes letters to the boys she has loved and locks the letters away in her closet. Things take an unexpected turn when the letters get out.
Crazy Rich Asians
- Release Date: 15 August 2018
- Cast: Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Gemma Chan, Lisa Lu, Nico Santos, Awkwafina, Ken Jeong, and Michelle Yeoh.
- Director: Jon M. Chu
Crazy Rich Asians is a film based on a novel written by Kevin Kwan. Rachel Chu, a passionate econ professor at NYU agrees to travel to Singapore to accompany her boyfriend Nick Young to his best friend's wedding only to learn that Nick is rich - like filthy rich. And she has to go through life in Singapore's high society with Nick and his challenging family.
- Release Date: 16 March 2018
- Cast: Nick Robinson, Katherine Langford, Alexandra Shipp, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Miles Heizer, Keiynan Lonsdale, Logan Miller, Jennifer Garner, Josh Duhamel, and Tony Hale
- Director: Greg Berlanti
This movie tells a story about Simon Spier, a 17 year old teen who is gay and decides to come out on his own conditions but finds himself in a difficult situation when romantic emails written to his pen friend falls into the wrong hands. It's both hilarious and life-changing to watch Simon resolve this problem and tell his friends and family that he's gay.
A Star Is Born
- Release Date: 4 October 2018
- Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Andrew Dice Clay, and Dave Chappelle
- Director: Bradley Cooper
A seasonal country music star, Jackson Maine discovers a struggling artist Ally who has a real talent for music but has given up her ambition to become a big star. The two fall for each other, but as Ally's career takes off and starts to veil his own, he struggles with his own internal demons. It's the 4th remake of the original 1937 film of the same name.
- Release Date: 22 February 2018
- Cast: Angourie Rice, Maria Bello, Debby Ryan, Jacob Batalon, Justice Smith, and Lucas Jade Zumann
- Director: Michael Sucsy
This movie is based on a book of the same name written by David Levithan in 2012. It's not an average love story. This story is about a sixteen year old Rhiannon who falls in love with A, a mysterious soul who wakes up in a different body every day.
Here are some more romantic movies of 2018:
- Midnight Sun
- Second Act
- Destination Wedding
- Mary Shelley
- On Chesil Beach
Get hold of some of these movies, and enjoy a romantic night with your special one. Make sure that you have a box of tissues next to you, because some of these stories might move you to tears.