Disney movies have gained world-wide recognition and are especially popular with children. The Walt Disney Company is now one of the largest media and entertainment corporations in the world. It was founded on October 16, 1923 by the brothers Walt and Roy Disney. Today, this is one of the biggest names in Hollywood! With numerous successful movies that belong to this banner, the Walt Disney Company is known especially for the animated series. With this article, we shall explore the animated world for some of the best quotes from these movies.
1930-1939Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Queen: Magic Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?
- Snow White: Oh! What a cute little chair. Why, there's seven little chairs. Must be seven little children. And from the look of this table, seven untidy little children.
- Grumpy: (watching the Dwarfs washing themselves) Next thing you know, she'll be tyin' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin' ya up with that stuff called, uh... "perfoom".
- Snow White: Supper's not quite ready. You'll just have time to wash.
Dwarfs: (in unison) Wash?
Grumpy: (scoffs) I knew there's a catch to it!
- Sneezy: Hey, someone stole our dishes!
Happy: They ain't stole. They're hid in the cupboard.
Bashful: My cup's been washed. Sugar's gone.
Happy: Something's cooking. Smells good.
Grumpy: Don't touch it, you fools! Might be poison. See? It's witch's brew.
- Friend Owl: I was talking to myself about you the other day, we were wondering what became of you.
- Mr. Stork: Here is a baby with eyes of blue, straight from heaven, right to you. Or - straight from heaven up above, here is a baby for you to love.
- Crow #1: Did you ever see an elephant fly?
Crow #2: Well, I've seen a horse fly.
Crow #3: Ah, I've seen a dragon fly.
Crow #4: Hee-hee. I've seen a house fly.
- The Blue Fairy: Now, remember, Pinocchio: Be a good boy. And always let your conscience be your guide.
- Lampwick: (picks up Jiminy) Hey, who's the beetle?
Jiminy Cricket: Let go! Put me down!
Pinocchio: He's my conscience. He tells me what's right and wrong.
Lampwick: What? You mean to tell me you take orders from a grasshopper?
Jiminy Cricket: Grasshopper? Look here, you - you impudent young pup! It wouldn't hurt you to take orders from your grasshop - er, your conscience, if you have one!
1950-1959Alice in Wonderland
- Alice: It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change.
- Queen of Hearts: Off with their heads.
- Cinderella: (singing) A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.
- Peter Pan: Tinker Bell! I hereby banish you forever.
Wendy: Please, not forever.
Peter Pan: Well, for a week then.
- Merryweather: Sweet princess, if through this wicked witch's trick, a spindle should your finger prick... a ray of hope there still may be in this, the gift I give to thee. Not in death, but just in sleep, the fateful prophecy you'll keep. And from this slumber you shall wake, when true love's kiss, the spell shall break.
Chorus: (singing) For true love conquers all!
The Jungle Book
- Lucky: Mother, Dad! Patch pushed me in the fireplace.
Patch: Lucky pushed me first.
Lucky: Did not!
Patch: Did too!
Lucky: Did not!
Patch: Did too!
Lucky: Did *not*!
- Horace: We're from the Gas Company.
Jasper: [elbows him] 'Lectric! 'Lectric!
Horace: Uh... Electric Company.
- Mowgli: Oh, Baloo, I wanna stay with you.
Baloo: Certainly, you do.
Bagheera: Oh? And just how do you think he will survive?
Baloo: "How do you think he will... " What do you mean how do you think he... He's with me, ain't he? And I'll learn him all I know.
Bagheera: Oh? That shouldn't take too long.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Clucky: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Marian: Or forgetful.
- Little John: You know somethin', Robin. I was just wonderin', are we good guys or bad guys? You know, I mean, uh? Our robbin' the rich to feed the poor.
Robin Hood: Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it.
Little John: Borrow? Boy, are we in debt.
- Robin Hood: Faint hearts never won fair lady.
- Kanga: Pooh, Roo has a little surprise for you.
Winnie the Pooh: Honeysuckle!
(Pooh tries to eat flowers)
Kanga: No, Pooh, you don't eat them. You smell them.
Winnie the Pooh: Oh.
- Madame Medusa: Snoops, you don't have a way with children. You must gain their confidence... make them like you.
Snoops: Yeah? How do you do that?
Madame Medusa: You FORCE them to like you, idiot!
1980-1989The Black Cauldron
The Fox and the Hound
- Creeper: Oh, I'm sorry. I've ignored you. You did come for the Black Cauldron, didn't you? Good. Then climb in! It will only cost you your life.
The Little Mermaid
- Big Mama: Darling, forever is a long, long time, and time has a way of changing things.
- Big Mama: (to Tod) Now, if you're so foxy, and old Chief's so dumb, then why does that hound get the fox on the run? 'Cause he's got the hunter, and the hunter's got the gun. Kablaam! Elimination. Lack of education.
- Ariel: All right, I'm going inside. You can just stay here and watch for sharks.
Flounder: Okay. Yeah, you go. I'll just stay and... What? Sharks? Ariel!
- Sebastian: Hm. Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.
Beauty and the Beast
- Genie: I'm free. I'm free. Quick. Quick, wish for something outrageous. Say, "I-I want the Nile." Wish for the Nile. Try that.
Aladdin: Uh, I wish for the Nile.
Genie: No way!
Genie: Oh, does that feels good!
- Beast: I want to do something for her... but what?
Cogsworth: Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep...
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Hercules: Meg, when I'm with you, I-I don't feel so alone.
Meg: Sometimes it's better to be alone.
Hercules: What do you mean?
Meg: Nobody can hurt you.
The Lion King
- Phoebus: Why is it, whenever we meet, I end up bleeding?
Esmeralda: You're lucky. That arrow almost pierced your heart.
Phoebus: (holding her hand to his heart) I'm not so sure it didn't.
- Pumbaa: Your Majesty. I gravel at your feet.
(starts kissing Simba's feet)
Adult Simba: Stop that.
Timon: It's not gravel, it's grovel.
- (Tarzan sneaks up behind her to scare her)
Kala: Don't even think about it.
Tarzan: How'd you know it was me?
Kala: I'm your mother. I know everything. Now, where have you been?
Tarzan: I thought you knew everything.
2000-2009The Princess and the Frog
- Lawrence: Prince, I have been looking for you everywhere!
Prince Naveen: What a coincidence, because I have been avoiding you everywhere!
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Rhino: (with upset stomach) That meat lover's pizza is NOT loving me back at all!
Lilo and Stitch
- Princess Kida: You do swim, do you not?
Milo: Oh, I swim pretty girl... Pr-Pretty *good*, pretty good. Sw... Good. Swim good. Pretty good. I swim pretty good.
- Lilo: 'Ohana' means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.
- Plio: Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all.
Winnie the Pooh
- Rapunzel: Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny...
Flynn Rider: A horse.
- Hook Hand Thug: Go, live your dream.
Flynn Rider: I will.
Hook Hand Thug: (Referring to Rapunzel) Your dream stinks. I was talking to her.
- Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well, that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.
- (Pooh has just fallen into the trap he and Piglet set up, trying to get a honey pot)
Pooh: Oh, hello.
Rabbit: (shaking head, amused) Oh, Pooh, you went back for the honey, didn't you? But I told you the pot was empty.
Pooh: Well, I believed you, but my tummy had to check for itself.
- Owl: Artistic talent runs through my family. In fact, it practically stampedes.