Life. A journey, a destination, an ordeal, a breeze. There's nothing as maddening, as wonderful, and as contradictory as life. Think about it, every single day is new, fresh, and with no hint of what it could bring you. There are places to go, things to see, and enough experiences to experience that keep us busy for an entire lifetime.
When the chips are down, and the blues come knocking, take a breather and look at some funny facts of life. At worst, they'll make you smile, and at best, they'll give you renewed energy to deal with the rigors. Listed here are some funny random facts of life, that may surprise you with their truthful take.
Random Funny Facts
Whoever coined the phrase 'fact is stranger than fiction' certainly knew what he was talking about. Still skeptical? Just can't think of a better way to prove you wrong. These are some funny facts for you to mull over, and some silly trivia.
- On an average, right-handed people live nine years longer than those who are left-handed.
- On a biochemical level, sex is the same as eating chocolate.
- Women's shirts have buttons on the left; men's shirts on the right.
- A giraffe's tongue is 20 inches long; it can clean its own ears with them.
- You're born with more than 300 bones; as an adult, you have 206.
- When cabbage is chewed properly, you burn more calories than you eat in the process.
- The first dog to enter space was Russian, her name was Laika.
- A donkey can see all its four feet at the same time, owing to the placement of its eyes.
- You can lead a cow up a staircase, but not down one.
- Charlie Chaplin once entered a competition and won third prize. The competition was a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- The country with the highest divorce rate in the world? The United States.
- The country with the highest per capita consumption of cheese? France.
- 'Jedi' is an official religion in Australia. It has an estimated 70,000 followers.
- Venus is the only planet in the solar system that rotates clockwise.
- Bees never sleep; they also have hair on their eyes.
The following are some funny one liners on life that should make you laugh.
- Some studies by psychiatrists say that one out of every four people suffers from some form of mental disorder. Check three friends, if they seem okay, it's you.
- If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- A recent discovery has found that research causes cancer in rats.
- Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
- Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
- By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
- Give a person a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and he won't bother you for weeks.
- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- You know what's strange? A slight tax increase will inevitably cost you $200. A substantial tax cut saves you 30 cents.
- In the 60s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
The facts of life―humorous or otherwise―will continue to surprise you, over and over, and taking time out to have a quick laugh is the best way to get you out of a slump, when you're stressed, tired, or bored. Now though, it may be time to get back to work. Pip pip!