I am a big movie buff and love getting lost in the imaginary yet inspiring world of movies. I am fond of comedy, action, mystery and sci-fi movies, but that does not stop me from watching romance, horror and thrillers. Over a hundred years, movies have entertained us, took us to a world we dream of and helped connect the world. We have come a long way since then and now have many advanced techniques that use animation, 3D and IMAX technology. But what makes movies really movies, are the dialogs. These memorable quotes remain etched in our minds and create a great impact on the minds of many. Since the end of silent era, these quotes have added life and an inextinguishable spark to films. Let us take a look at the most memorable quotes from movies.
Most Memorable Quotes
Most Memorable Quotes
- Leonardo DiCaprio (Jack Dawson): "... I figure life a gift, and I don't intend on wasting it ... you never know what hand you're going to get dealt next, you learn to take life as it comes at you ... "~ From Titanic
- Katie Holmes (Rachel Dawes): "... it is not who you are underneath ... it is what you do that defines you ..." ~ From Batman Begins
- Amanda Seyfried (Needy): "... you're killing people ..."
Megan Fox (Jennifer): "... nooo, I am killing boys ... " ~ From Jennifer's Body
- Chris O'Donnell (Charlie Simms): "... Sir?"
Al Pacino (Lt Colonel Frank Slade): "... don't call me Sir ..."
Chris O'Donnell: "... I'm sorry, I mean, Mr., Sir ..."
Al Pacino: "... uh oh, we got a moron here ..." ~ From Scent of a Woman
- Andrea Frankle (Maddie McConnell): "... you going to kill my baby?"
Hilary Swank (Katherine): "... no ... "
Andrea Frankle : "... why not?" ~ From The Reaping
- Tom Cruise (Les Grossman): "... a nutless monkey could do your job ..." ~ From Tropic Thunder
- Clint Eastwood (Ben Shockley): "... well on a scale of 10, I'd have to give her a 2 ... and that only because I've never seen a 1 before ..." ~ From The Gauntlet
- Jason Biggs (Dustin):"... I love the way you eat, I love that you eat ..."
Kate Hudson (Alexis): "... I love that you pay ... " ~ From My Best Friend's Girl
- Al Pacino (Michael Corleone): "... come on, you think I'd make my sister a widow?" ~ From The Godfather
- Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan): "... death is peaceful, easy ... life is harder ..." ~ From Twilight
- Justin Bruening (Mike Knight): "... then we go to the backup plan ..."
Val (K.I.T.T.): "... the backup plan, the plan created because of Murphy Law ... whatever can go wrong, will go wrong ... but isn't it true that there are an infinite number of ways a plan can go wrong?"
Justin Bruening : "... that why backup plans suck ... " ~ From Knight Rider
- Owen Wilson (Oscar Choi ): "... Han Solo ..."
Ben Affleck (A.J. Frost): "... if anybody's anybody, I'm Han and you're, you're Chewbacca..."
Owen Wilson: "... Chewy, have you even seen Star Wars?" ~ From Armageddon
- J.K. Simmons (J. Jonah Jameson): "... crazy scientist turns himself into some kind of monster, 4 mechanical arms welded right onto his body, guy named Otto Octavius winds up with 8 limbs, what are the odds ..." ~ From Spider-Man 2
- Conrad Veidt (Major Strasser: "...What is your nationality?"
Humphrey Bogart (Rick Blaine): "...I'm a drunkard..."
Claude Rains (Captain Louis Renault): "...That makes Rick a citizen of the world..." ~ From Casablanca
- Reese Witherspoon (Melanie "Carmicheal" Smoother-Perry): "...The truth is... I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart... and I never really got it back..." ~ From Sweet Home Alabama
- Heath Ledger (The Joker): "... [Batman] you, you complete, me ..." ~ From The Dark Knight
- Sean Young (Lois): "...How would you like me to make your life a living hell?"
Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura): "... Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then. " ~ From Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Raul Julia (Gomez): "...Children, why do you hate the baby?..."
Jimmy Workman (Pugsey): "...We don't hate him. We just wanna play with him..."
Christina (Wednesday): "...Especially his head..." ~ From The Adam's Family
- "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" ~ From Airplane
- Groucho Marx (Spaulding): (to two ladies) "Let's get married!"
Margaret Dumont (Mrs. Rittenhouse): "The three of us? Why, that's bigamy!"
Spaulding: "Yes! And it big of me, too!" ~ From Animal Crakers
- "As long as people are still having premarital sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!" ~ From Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- Rick Moranis (Dark Helmet): "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." ~ From Space Balls
- John Candy (Barfolemew): "Name Barf. I'm a Mog, half man half dog. I'm my own best friend." ~ From Spaceballs