Here is an article that enlists some funny hard brain teasers with answers. You can try to solve these yourself, and then ask your friends to see if they can solve them.
A brain teaser is nothing but a challenge that pushes the boundaries of your intellect. It can be a riddle, a word teaser, a puzzle, or even a mathematical problem. It is said that brain exercises are essential for smooth functioning of the brain, and this exercising can be accomplished by solving brain teasers. So, when you want to test your intellect or problem solving ability of yourself or your friend, solve some hard brain teasers and give a good exercise to your brains. Given below are some difficult brain teasers along with solutions that will surely awaken your senses.
Really Hard Brain Teasers
- Guess the next two pairs of letters given below?
SO, ND, JF, MA, ??, ??
- A young guy who has just started learning to drive went down a one way street but didn’t break the law. Why?
- What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
- How can you make the number seven even?
- What is yours, but your friends use it more often than you do?
- Which fruit has its seeds on the outside?
- If it takes 3 people to dig a hole, how many does it take to dig half a hole?
- What is it that goes up and goes down, but does not move?
- If you have it, you want to share it. But if you share it, you don’t have it anymore. What is it?
- I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and a head, but I’m not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I’m never thrown. What am I?
- You are walking through a field, and you find something to eat. It doesn’t have bones, and it doesn’t have meat. You pick it up and put it into your pocket. You take it home and put it on a shelf, but 3 day’s later it walks away. What is it?
- What has a mouth but cannot chew?
- What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
- What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters?
Hard Brain Teasers for Adults
- A man has to get a fox, a chicken, and a sack of corn across a river. He has a rowboat, and it can only carry him and one other thing. If the fox and the chicken are left together, the fox will eat the chicken. If the chicken and the corn is left together, the chicken will eat the corn. How does the man do it?
- Outside a room there are 3 separate switches (X, Y, and Z) that connect in some unknown order to 3 light bulbs inside the room. There are no windows in the room and the door is closed. Is it possible to determine which switch corresponds to which light by visiting the room only once?
- An undercover police officer needs to infiltrate an illegal gambling club, but does not know the password required for the entrance to the building. The day before he plants a microphone in the door knob and listens to the recorded conversation. He listens that a man strolls up and knocks on the door. The doorman says, “twelve” and the man replies, “six” and he is let in. A second man arrives and the doorman says “six” and the man replies, “three” and is let in. The police officer now is confident that he knows the password for the entry. So, he walks up to the door. The doorman says “ten” so he replies, “five”. A gun appears through a slot in the door and the police officer is asked to leave. Why? What should he have said?
The list of brain teasers is quite long and these are just few of them. Now that you have learned so many them, take a test of your friend and have fun watching him/her look confused while finding the answers.